How can Signia support your practice
In the current environment, hearing healthcare is challenging. Clinicians need to deliver personalised care, but at the same time minimise where possible, direct contact with their clients.
To better assist you and to keep you operational in these challenging times Signia has developed a range of tools to help instruct you on the best ways to manage your practice remotely with Signia TeleCare.
Among other benefits, TeleCare offers remote fine-tuning, which assists with critical business processes. This page is a hub where you can find all you need to know about TeleCare:
- How TeleCare can support your business
- How to use Signia TeleCare (videos)
- Resources on Signia TeleCare
- TeleCare FAQs
- What Audiologists think of TeleCare
How can TeleCare support your business
TeleCare offers remote fine-tuning, which assists with the following critical business processes:
- Hearing aid fittings – If you have already performed an assessment, but your client cannot attend the clinic for the fitting, why not mimicFit the new hearing aids to their current hearing aid settings. You can then use TeleCare to fine-tune them remotely if required*.
- Finalising current fittings – If you have already done a fitting appointment, but your client cannot attend the clinic for a follow-up, why not do a remote follow-up appointment with your client. You can use TeleCare to fine-tune the hearing aids if required. Remote follow-ups are now supported under HSP.
- General support of your clients – It is likely that many of your clients will need support but are unable to come to the clinic. Why not use Telecare to engage and maintain your existing client base. TeleCare is a great tool to provide emergency assistance to your clients who are struggling with communication in these difficult times.
- Generating new business – Why not use this down time to reach out to clients that are due for refits and organise remote trials of new hearing aid technology. You can then use TeleCare to fine-tune them remotely if required*.
*For HSP clients you will need to, at some stage, perform a full “face-to-face” fitting in order to complete a claim. However, there are obvious benefits to your clients in being able to use and acclimatise to the new hearing aids (during the time they are unable to see you).
Remote Tuning - Two fold application
TeleCare has a two-fold application, either via a portal (website, accessible from any computer, tablet or phone connected to the internet), or via our Connexx software.
Basic remote fine-tuning is available for ALL Signia hearing aids, including primax, Nx, Xperience and Styletto, with or without Bluetooth and regardless of performance level. Basic remote tuning is done via the portal with settings pushed to the wearer’s mobile phone. Wearers can accept and update their hearing aids at their convenience. This method can be used at any time, since there is no need for an active connection between the clinician and the client.
Full, live remote fine-tuning from Connexx is available with Signia Bluetooth hearing aids. This relies on an active Bluetooth connection between the phone and the hearing aids. Please note that currently due to the high demand and pressure on the country’s telecommunications infrastructure, during live remote fine-tuning, connectivity between the clinician and the client’s phone may become unstable or interrupted. If this occurs, please consider using basic remote fine-tuning via the portal.
Stay in closer contact with your clients via chat messages, voice or video call. You can use TeleCare to communicate directly via your clients’ smartphone. It takes less time than traditional practice visits and allows you to troubleshoot any problems as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Daily Satisfaction Ratings
Predict trial success with ease, by monitoring how your clients feel about their hearing experience on a daily basis. Clients get a daily reminder to leave a satisfaction rating in the Signia app. You can then see their ratings, comments and wearing time in TeleCare, so you can promptly intervene to help e.g. by remote tuning.
Give your clients the opportunity to get to know their hearing aid at their own pace. They can rate their experience of the situations they are in, which makes the differences between devices visible – and clients feel listened too. Making it much easier, to select the right hearing aid.
Learn more on Signia TeleCare
Quick video guides
Learn more on Signia TeleCare
What are the technical prerequisites for TeleCare?
- The Signia hearing aids as well as the smartphone of your client should be compatible with the myHearing App. You can check the list of compatible devices on our website.
- Stable internet connection on your (WLAN or LAN with DSL/16MBit) as well as your client’s (WLAN, LTE or 4G) side is needed.
- A headset is needed for voice calls and additionally a webcam if you would like to make video calls.
How can I register and start to use TeleCare?
The easy and intuitive setup process enable you to activate TeleCare within few minutes. Please follow the steps described in our Quick Guide.
Is TeleCare free of charge?
Yes. With TeleCare, we currently offer you the full range of the available feature set completely free of charge.
Are my personal data protected?
The data of your practice as well as clients are completely safe. We have multiple certifications and are in conformity with General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. Moreover, the Telecare Portal is TRUSTe- and the myHearing app TÜV-certified. Sivantos has no access to your personal data.
The TeleCare Portal and all data related to it is stored on servers provided by Microsoft Azure. Access to these systems is highly restricted and controlled. Any access is logged and documented for audit purposes. Communication between HCP browser sessions or patient devices and the web servers is also secured and encrypted (with HTTPS).
How do you ensure that private client information remains confidential?
We are providing the highest data security and privacy. All data and all communication between the TeleCare Portal and the app on your client’s smartphone are encrypted. Access to the TeleCare Portal is protected by a password for every employee in your practice. You and your clients can be fully confident about data security.
What Audiologists think of TeleCare
TeleCare is the ideal tool for our industry to win over a new generation of hearing aid wearers.Patrícia Coradini, CEO Comunicare
Thanks to TeleCare, we could increase our customer satisfaction and sales numbers.Daniel Braun, braun Hörgeräte GmbH & Co. KG
The proven remote audiology solution
Offer your client a flexible and modern service.
Try TeleCare - it's free!
Get started today.
**Article, GiseleMunhoesdos Santos, Ph.D. 2019:AchievingExcellence In Customer Service withTeleCare
***Article, Matthias Froehlich, PhD,EricBranda, AuD, PhD,DirkApel, BS, 2020:User Engagement with Signia TeleCare: A Way toFacilitateHearing Aid Acceptance